Friday, November 1, 2019

What Is "Dimension" in Blonde Hair?


Blonde hair using an all-over bleach and tone process is going to get you the lightest over-all blonde you can be. But typically, this kind of blonde is what I call "Flat Blonde." (There is an example at the bottom of this post.)

On the other hand, the blonde below has a simple (darker blonde) lowlight foiled in at about 2 inches apart. The hair is still very blonde but is has what is referred to as "dimension." The darker parts make the lighter parts pop.



The result is a very natural blonde that's flattering to almost everyone and doesn't leave you looking washed out and over processed.

In this particular case I do an all over base color of almost the lightest blonde (not bleach). Afterwards I went thru and added foils, about 2 inches apart, of the lowlight- adjusting the formula in the foils closest to the scalp to account for the base color and then a medium blonde on the midshaft and ends. If you are interested in this kind of look, just book a partial foil (full foil if you have lots of hair or think it may take extra time).

Here is an example of "Flat Blonde"



I am not saying one blonde is better than the other, but I know a lot of people are confused about the different words we use to describe different colors so I wanted to shed some light. Other terms used for (my term) 'Flat Blonde' are 'single process blonde,' 'bleach and tone,' 'platinum' and 'superblonde.'

I'm happy to do any of these as well but as I've said before, I'm a softie for gorgeous, healthy-looking hair and I tend to think the more natural look of a dimensional blonde achieves this the best.

Hope to see you soon!
Cheers!
-Lynn

Book online at my website: www.studiothreehairsalon.com

No comments: