Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Crazy Little Thing Called Love...



Man, do I love my work!

 So, I actually don't do weddings.. I don't offer it as a service on my menu. I do happen to love special event styling though, and this is one of the first photos of myself working I had ever seen and I really liked it so I decided to show it here..

Backstory:
I got a frantic call from the mother-of-the bride saying that their hair stylist had cancelled the week before the wedding and could I style the wedding party the day of without a run-through. I really wanted to turn it down because that's a lot of red flags all waving in one sentence, but a) I actually was confused and thought these were referrals from a long-time client of mine who had said her friend might be calling me about a wedding and b) I would hate for someone to have a hair misshap on their wedding day... like the one I had on my wedding day... but that's a story for another time. ;)

Well, everyone of them was delightful. The bride had emailed me some youtube videos of the styles she was thinking she might try on herself if she ended up having to do her own hair for the wedding so I had a good sense of what she was going for (relaxed boho formal with some braiding incorporated). It was altogether a lovely experience and they all txt me later and said how much they loved their hair.

That's a really good feeling for a hairdresser on a special day like a wedding!


*Big photo is the Instagram filtered one.. the one above is the unretouched shot. Like them both and couldn't choose ;)


No comments: