Friday, April 11, 2014

Two Toned vs. You Toned

So, this is a photo I took off of Instagram and I don't who she is or who did her hair but the photo was a portfolio type shot to showcase the stylists work.
If you notice the area near the crown of the head is darker, it's because that's where the grow-out line from the previous color wasn't properly blended with the foiling. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Here is an example of work *I* did on a heavily grown out client, similar to the case above. The first photo is what she came in as (several months of grow-out on an all-over blonde).
To achieve the finished result, I did micro slices on the diagonal of highlights and lowlights for an even blend. This avoids that ghost shadow of darker hair where the hair had grown out from the previous color. It's a challenge to any hairdresser to make this work and look natural but I was very pleased with my results.
It's so very rewarding when my client leaves with glorious, natural looking hair and there's no ghost line advertising she wasn't just born that blonde (wink-wink)..



No comments: