Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Recovering

Well, it's time to report that I have a problem and ignoring it has not made it go away (as I had hoped it would). For a few months I have been having neck and shoulder pain. I have been trying to use better posture etc.

Then I started to have some pain in my left arm/hand. I tried switching my blowdry hand and paying attention to my wrist.

Then my fingers started going a bit numb. I went to a massage therapist, then I went back to yoga and a massage therapist.

Now my fingers (thumb, index and middle) are numb and tingly, my arm above and below the elbow are in pain and my neck is in pain. I went to the doctor. They took x-rays and they think it has something to do with my neck. I have a perscription for a muscle relaxer and alieve (I have been taking ibuprophen the whole time and it's not helping anymore).

So, to make a long story short (too late) - I will not be working extra hours at all until this clears up. I am still working what is already scheduled, but I will be focusing on recovering from what ever this is until I am back to 100%. I will keep you abreast of my progress. I am off back to the couch, an ice pack and some West Wing!

The best way to figure out when you can get in is to use the online scheduling (see website) because I have opened my hours up after what I am expecting will be my recovery (a few weeks) and closed them off to any new appointments until then. Like I said, if you already have a scheduled appointment I will see you then!

No comments: