Monday, January 29, 2007

Many Shades of Red



These are some Reds I did while working at Habitude with Aveda color. One of the challenges with Red is keeping the vibrancy. I had this idea to layer all these different tonalities of violet and copper  (RV and RO in avedaspeak) rather than just using true Red (RR also in avedaspeak). I always liked the overall effect this gave us. After the initial color was done I would ad highlights just to further inhance the multi-dimensional quality of the color.

One of the things I love so much about Reds and Redheads is how amazingly variable the color is and how much room there is to play with the various shades on the Red spectrum. The end results are wonderfully rich and complex and I never get tired of trying new combinations. Even adding some dark brown lowlights to the mix can give the whole thing more wow-factor. Such a fun shade!
... any volunteers??


ciao fer now!

Lynn Caldeiro



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.