Saturday, November 11, 2023

Is It Worth Paying More for Salon Products?

In a word: Yes!

And I know this goes against what I have said in the past but in all my years of doing hair I have found through experience that salon quality products are just that, higher quality.

To invest in healthy, beautiful hair, salon products are your very best option.

I know it's tempting, when you can spend less on a drugstore product that is serviceable, why spend double or triple the money on salon products? The answer... professional products are better for your hair, and you might also be surprised to find professional salon products could actually cost less in the long run if you consider the outcome of your hair's health and longevity of your salon results.

I know products found at your local grocery store are appealing because they are affordable and convenient but there is a reason for the price difference between what you get from CVS and what you get from your salon. While most drugstore products contain the same or similar ingredients as salon products, the ingredients are diluted, and the ingredients are usually of a lower quality. You are not getting all of the benefits that come with the professional salon products.  

Also to consider, if you've just spent $160 - $200 having your hair colored, does it make sense to use a $9 -$15 bottle of Dove or Pantene to shampoo your newly colored hair and potentially strip out your toner? Definitely not, you should invest in the right products to maintain that color and keep your hair as healthy and vibrant as possible between visits. Yes, salon products cost more, but you don't need to use as much product as you would with drugstore brands because the salon quality products are highly concentrated with quality ingredients. Instead of a handful of shampoo and conditioner you would normally use, you need only use a small amount and that should be enough to clean your hair completely. Your single bottle of shampoo will last you a lot longer than what you are used to from the grocery store bottles you've purchased in the past.

For the best results, listen to your stylist and find those brands that work best for your hair and scalp - your hair will thank you for it!

“INVEST IN YOUR HAIR, IT’S THE CROWN YOU NEVER TAKE OFF.” - Anonymous

Most of my clients know I am moving my retail over to a virtual store which can be accessed thru my website. I am only keeping a few special items and one very exclusive line in the salon. If you would like to order anything from me it's free shipping from my online store straight to your home. Go to my website and click the "Shop" button in the upper right corner. Use the link at the bottom of this post to find my website.

Happy Shopping! Lynn's Website





No comments: