Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Philosophy on Hairstyling and in Life

I don't like to make blanket pronouncements about what is good and bad in matters of hairdressing and style. I believe these narrowing words can dampen creativity. Perhaps what is "bad" for one clients is "perfect" for another. So you will rarely hear me use judgmental statements when discussing anything hair related. I like to work from a positive place based in creative collaboration rather than from a negative place based on insecurity. 

It's not always easy to carry this attitude over to everything else in life and not make negative judgments, but I make a conscious effort. I never feel good saying something negative about other people's looks or actions because you never really know what that person may be going thru or have gone thru on any given day. I think negative judgments say much more about my own state of mind than anything about whatever the object of those judgments may be. 

I like to work with my clients to achieve hair that looks great on them and fits in with their lifestyle. I believe good hair is within everyone's reach!



No comments: