So, I had this great New Years resolution to work more on my blog.. The first week in January I had arranged for a big make-over model and I did the make-over and everything and then for some reason I didn't get it up on the blog right away. Better late than never I guess.
This model had those billion foil highlights making her basically an all-over blonde. She was tired of the maintenance. Tired of the grow-out and tired of the time it took for upkeep. What I did was foil some of her highlights (using blonde on the new growth and conditioner on the ends.) and paint a glaze of her natural color between the foils. We decided to err on the side of going darker because it's probable that the color won't hold the first time and will fade out. I'm not sure how quickly this will happen because her hair was very porous and sucked up the color like a straw. It might hold on to it really well (which is what I am hoping) or it might just leak right out since there isn't much in the hair for it to hold on to. It's a grand experiment and it was pretty fun. I'll be seeing her in a few weeks for a haircut so I will keep you posted. I'm predicting we will have to repeat this process two or even three more times before it sticks. I think after this first time, keeping in those foil highlights will not be such a priority because they will be showing up as dimensionality through the dark glazes and will be the first things to fade anyway.
We will see. Now for the pictures!