Monday, May 4, 2020

Another No Heat Wave Technique...


More quarantine experimentation with easy hair styling tricks. This time I used these noodle curlers two different ways. Both ways worked equally well for the most part, with the first lasting a bit longer than the second. The first time I tried it I put them in before bed and slept on them. The styling worked well but the bags under my eyes from a horrible nights sleep.. not so good.

I really liked the way my hair came out though so I tried another way. I showered as usual and blow dried my hair and then put the noodles in. Now this way requires sitting under one of these for 20 minutes at high heat while you scroll through your phone:




I know not everybody has one of these just sitting around their house like I do, so this might not be the most practical. Also, after the 20 minutes of your hair heating up you need it to cool completely in order to set the curl. I just did my makeup and picked up around the house and then removed the noodles. I love the way it turned out but now that I know about the bathrobe tie method, that is my preferred method. It's the post before this one, you can scroll down and read all about it.



Here's how the noodles turned out:



You can see in the bottom left square that the curls had loosened up quite a bit. They do come out of the noodles quite tight and curly and I prefer them loosened anyway but I thought I should mention it. The bathrobe method stayed consistent pretty much the entire day. I'm not sure if that's from sleeping on them overnight or what but in general, I do think the bathrobe method is superior. The only thing I prefer the noodles for is that I like to wash my hair in the morning everyday but I'm willing to sacrifice and just wash it every other day for the sake of awesome curls!

Happy Styling!!

No comments: