Sunday, June 14, 2015

Babylights, Balayage and Cool Beige Blondness



After this hair party of hand painted high lift blondes leaving the roots natural for a "shadow blonde" effect we went for a bite at Chiangs and I snapped this because I was and am so in love with it. 

Full disclosure it took over three hours to achieve this level of ash (no yellow or warmth leftover) and we started with hair that had had at least one all over color with a high lift base and highlights that had some gold left in (peanut butter blonde I would call it. Oh - here is a before from when we were snap chatting the cut part lol


So.. The moral of the story is: this kind of blonde is a journey and it takes time and patience. 

I don't believe in pushing the hair beyond what it can do but I am willing to figure out just where those limits are and moseying right up to them. Oh! That reminds me - I've been meaning to write a post about olaplex .. Still going to do that.. But what I will say is I tried out the brazillian bond reconstructor ampules and it worked like a charm - but I wouldn't say it worked any better than the kitoka protein reconstructor I've been using for more than a year now. It's really amazing the advances we've made in the last ten years in the science of hair color. It's a really exciting time to be a colorist!

In any case, she left with silky, lovely white blonde and beige blonde highlights. She is armed with the products to help her keep the tone and integrity of her hair intact and I am thrilled with the stunning results - as is she!

Win!!!


No comments: