Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cinnamon!

I got the coolest tip from one of my clients and I just tried it and am pretty sure I love it so.. I thought I'd share!

note: for darker hair - not so much good for blondes.

Everyone knows that sometimes if you skip a day shampooing it can be useful to sprinkle baby powder in your hair and brush through to absorb excess oil. There are even a few spray in products with the same prinicpal, kind of spray powders if you will. They range in price from $5.00 (the original 'Pssst!') to $25+ (Ojan, and Bumble and Bumble). The thing about the baby powder is that it leaves my hair looking dusty because it's white. Well, that's why this tip is a total "aha! moment" for me. Sprinkle cinnamon into the hair and brush out! Sounds simple? That's because it is simple.

Today is the first time I've tried it and I'll let you know how it goes. One thing I've noticed is it doesn't stick in the hair so much the way baby powder does so it's a good thing to vigourously brush it out. I have to say, I love the smell in my hair!

Ciao! :)

2 comments:

Flat Iron said...

looking forward in knowing the results. cinnamon for hair styling is interesting. I love the smell of cinnamon.

Lynn Caldeiro Styling said...

I enjoyed using the cinnamon but I will probably not do it that frequently. I recommend putting a towel over your pillow as it does tend to come out and it colored the back of my white robe (washed out though). I think it's a good little trick when you are in a pinch. And less, is more! xo